Saturday, October 30, 2010

Going to Disneyland Today!

Today I'm going to Disneyland with my husband, who hasn't been there in 12 years! In honor of the occasion I made Mickey Mouse pancakes. Not only that, they were "Wonderland Pancakes" from the Mickey Mouse Cookbook that I've had ever since I was a little kid! It was the first time I can remember ever making pancakes from scratch (my memory is getting bad so who really knows), but I am quite confident it was the first time making peanut butter pancakes. Thanks Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum, they were great! I didn't have the official cherry or piece of pineapple for Mickey's nose and mouth so I improvised with a peanut for a nose and whipped cream for the mouth.This isn't Disney related, but when I took this picture I was in the process of making my own syrup (also a first for me). 45 minutes later, it was finally to a syrupy consistency and was so worth the wait! Another cookbook from a childhood hero gave me that recipe. It was the sauce for the blueberry pudding in the Little House Cookbook! I don't know if I'll ever buy syrup again.

Here's to another Minnie Adventure, it's going to be a beautiful day!

2 comments: